Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cooking Demo for IP&T Class




Quick Cupcake Pops
1 box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package reeses peanut butter cup minis

Melting chips colored or white(for cupcake top)
Sprinkles and m&ms for decoration

  1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl. (The texture should be fine/fluffy)

  2. Using the back of a large spoon, mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)

  3. Scoop with a cookie scoop or roll into quarter size balls (make sure they are smaller in diameter than that of your candy mold) and lay on wax paper covered cookie sheet.

  4. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes, until they are slightly firmed, not frozen.

  5. Melt chocolate bark and candy melts in microwave per directions on package.

  6. First put a reeces on your cupcake stick and use chocolate to adhere the scooped ball to it.

  7. Now, holding the bottom of the cupcake, dip the top in another color of melted chocolate.

  8. Decorate.

  9. And, probably impress your friends and family.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lissy! I loved that! I've been anxiously awaiting a picture of those babies and they are SO cute. I've made them several times the other way and it's SOOO much harder so I'm excited to try them with the peanut butter cups. YUM! (We have plenty around here because my kiddos are all addicted!) fabulous demo- I'm impressed that you knew how to put video up on the blog. AND Mark, amazing work recording all that! :-)

Tyler + Jess said...

Melissa, I cant believe how good yours turned out! I made some and they were the HARDEST thing I've ever done! I'll have to try it your way. It looks soo much easier!

Jake said...

WOW!!! What a FABULOUS cupcake demonstration--you should be on the food network! Becky, James, Jackson and I loved watching you on blogspot! We sure love you Lissy--we'd love to hear from you:).

Mom and Becky