Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Awesome Homemade Brownies


I have tried lots of homemade brownie recipes, and finally can say that I found one that was as good, or better than the store-bought kind! This one was "Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies" by BROOKE on allrecipes.com with just a couple minor changes suggested by one of the reviews. I borrowed my sister Kim's idea of cutting them out with a greased heart-shaped cookie-cutter, sprinkled on some powdered sugar, and ta-da! A perfect Valentine treat for a few friends and MUCH easier than all the sugar cookie mess...My kids even loved eating the "scraps" around the edges of the hearts, and okay, I found them addicting as well!

1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 TBS vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white flour (my fav, of course, Lehi Roller Mills from Costco)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips (Hershey's again)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 9x13 pan. Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla together in mixer. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add salt, then slowly mix in flour and cocoa powder, scraping the bowl as needed. Mix in chocolate chips at the last. Pour in pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool on wire rack before cutting.

No comments: